[Interview starts at 25:52] This week my guest is Land Tawney, CEO of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, and we discuss recent issues reg
[Interview starts at 25:52]
This week my guest is Land Tawney, CEO of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, and we discuss recent issues regarding public access on rivers in Colorado, Montana, and New Mexico. This is a timely topic, as public access advocates just won a big court victory in New Mexico. I hope the podcast will get you up to speed on how stream access is handled by states, and I think you’ll see some positive news on all the great work Backcountry Hunters & Anglers and other public access groups have been doing on our behalf.
In the Fly Box, we have these questions and tips from listeners:
- A tip from a listener on another natural material to use as a trailing shuck.
- Is it wrong for me to ask a fly shop to let me test a fly line before I buy it?
- How do you choose between using head cement or UV-cure epoxy?
- What do you think about using perfection loops to attach tippets instead of using a tippet ring?
- What does Tom research before fishing new water?
- A tip from a listener about another way to organize fly-tying materials.
- A request for a podcast on tying classic salmon flies.
- A listener expresses his disappointment in my not mentioning organizations like Casting for Recovery or Project Healing Waters in a discussion on the spiritual nature of fly fishing.