Late summer and early fall are some of the best days of the year for camping. Days are still warm, nights are cool, the bugs are gone, and campgrounds in many places are practically deserted the after-Labor Day rush. To help you enjoy your next late-summer/early-fall camping adventure to its fullest, here are 10 new products you’ll want to take along.
Camp Chef, long known for its amazing line of grills and smokers, has extended their offerings to include a new line of rubs and seasonings. Choose from 10 different varieties including Beijing BBQ, Mango Chipotle, my favorite, Y’All Purpose, to dash, sprinkle, and shake your way to better flavor. The newly developed Camp Chef Seasoning and Rub line incorporates natural, high-quality ingredients that add the perfect touch of spice to whatever you’re cooking in camp or at home.
You don’t need a Rambo-style knife to perform a multitude of tasks around camp. The CRKT Tuna takes the subtle elegance of designer Lucas Burnley’s original Tuna™ and shrinks it down into a versatile, compact folding knife that’s ready to take on any task. Weighing in at just 3.81 ounces, the 2.73-inch, full-bellied blade shape is ideal for everyday or tossing in your daypack.
A thumb stud allows for easy opening with one hand, while the IKBS ball bearing pivot system helps deliver smooth, fast deployment at a moment’s notice. The Tuna Compact features an easy-to-sharpen, high-carbon blade, combined with a hybrid G10 and stainless steel handle that provides an excellent grip with unique styling. Lastly, a low-profile pocket clip affords secure carry on your hip or on a pack.
Designed for those cozy nights around campfire, the lightweight, packable Forest Moc is one of several slip-on shoes in Danner’s new Camp Collection line that are perfect for knocking around camp.
Available in both men’s and women’s sizes, the Forest Moc is made of soft and comfortable leather, with a leather-lined footbedthat wicks moisture away to keep your feet warm and dry and it resists odor. From the drive to the campsite to strolls along theriver, every step is cushioned by a thick PU midsole. And the interlocking outsoles help the boots fit neatly into your camp duffel, backpack, or suitcase for space-saving efficiency.
GSI’s Rakau Knife Set includes everything you need for camp cooking prep. The set contains three masterfully crafted stainless-steel knives with waterproof, sustainably sourced wood laminate handles, a compact bamboo Rakau Cutting Board with a juice gutter, a recycled microfiber dish towel, a soap bottle, and a knife sharpener.
Each knife comes with its own protective sheath, designed to make the set last for years:
- The 6-inch Santoku blade Chef Knife with Granton scallops is ideal for thin slicing.
- The 6-inch serrated Bread Knife can tackle even the hardest baguette crusts with laser precision.
- The 3.5-inch Paring Knife handles all your fine knifework with ease.
The set packs easily in a convenient recycled PET cloth case with an integrated knife sheath to protect and safely manage the blades.
Hydro Flask has extended its extensive line of flasks and coolers to include new, handled coffee cups and outdoor cook sets. This 12-ounce stainless steel insulated mug keeps coffee or tea hot for up to six hours and features a large ergonomic handle for easy carry. The spill-stopping insulated Press-In Lid tames splashes and traps temps and the 18/8 pro-grade stainless steel offers durability and pure taste.
You’ll also want to check out Hydro Flask’s Outdoor Kitchen Collection – designed to provide great dining whether you’re in camp or right in your own backyard. Choose from a wide variety of products including serving bowls, cut-and-serve platters, dinner plates, flatware sets, outdoor tumblers, serving spoons and utensil sets, plus, a durable outdoor tote for carrying all your camping essentials. The lineup of ultralight, stainless wares offer technical trims and features to ensure practicality and durability wherever you go. This spring, the collection expanded with a half-quart bowl (the perfect personal size for cereals to soup, snacks and more), a camp bowl and camp plate (which are lighter weight and ideal for any basecamp), and a Camp Utensil set (a spork, serrated knife, and lanyard familied together to do it all).
Kelty, a legendary name in camping and backpacking, has just introduced their new three-season, “Far Out” tent that sleep two in total comfort and allows you totravel light with lightweight aluminum poles and a rugged design that weighs in at just 4 lb. 10 oz. The included footprint and pre-attached guylines offer extra weather resistance while the two door, two-vestibule design makes it easy to move in and stretch out.
Other features include:
- Stargazing Fly rolls back for nighttime views and deploys easily for coverage—without exiting the tent—if the weather changes
- Lightweight aluminum poles with short segments to fit bicycle or motorcycle panniers
- Footprint included – helps prolong life of tent floor and adds weather resistance
- Two doors & two vestibules provide access and storage options, keeping your gear dry
- Pre-attached guylines & lightweight feather stakes included
- Shark-Mouth carry bag for easy pack-up
For those cool nights in camp or breezy days on the trail, Stio’s Pinion Down Sweater (both men’s and women’s styles are available) is the perfect solution for warding off unexpected chills. This lightly insulated layer is packable enough for camping yet stylish enough for drinks back in town.
The Pinion features a lightweight and abrasion-resistant Pertex Quantum® ripstop shell that blocks wind and light precip. It also features responsibly sourced, 800-fill HyperDRY™ water-repellent down, so this light jacket will stay warm and lofty through mixed conditions. The Pinion offers low-bulk comfort under a harness or paired with leggings, and the included stuff sack lets you quickly stash it away in a pack or shoulder bag.
The Mission Duffel from Mystery Ranch is highly water-resistant and comes in larger volumes (40L, 55L or 90L) that’s perfect for hauling all of your gear. Designed to carry three ways—backpack, shoulder, or handles—getting your gear from the car to the tent has never been easier.
The horseshoe-shaped zip allows easy access to the inside of the duffel where you’ll fine multiple pockets, including an exterior access boot compartment and side pocket, for organized travel. Rugged fabrics provide ample water-resistance. And the multiple carrying configurations will make this duffel your number one travel companion.
Made with an innovative method that uses ECCO’ssignature FLUIDFORM™ construction, the Cozmo sandal(available in women’s or men’s style) fuses premium leather or suede uppers to a flexible sole to create a one-piece slide.
Perfect for knocking around camp and easy to slip on for late-night runs when nature calls, Cozmo’s feature:
- A soft and responsive PU midsole and adjustable straps across the front.
- Crafted from either full-grain or nubuck leather, made in ECCO’s own tanneries
- Two quick-fastening straps for an adjustable fit
- An anatomically shaped footbed covered in soft suede in complementary colors
- Soft and responsive PU offers excellent energy return
Delivered as a single unit using ECCO FLUIDFORM™ seamless construction, offering softness and flexibility
Millet’s Lightgrid Fleece jacket is built to bring warmth while delivering a perfect balance of breathability and lightweight characteristics. Constructed of high efficiency Polartec® Power Grid this garment is designed to keep you dry, even when you sweat, and it’s manufactured using an exclusive double-sided knitting process that combines a moisture-wicking inner surface and a quick drying outer surface.
Additional features include:
- Bonded acrylic coating for guaranteed windproof protection and breathability, POLYGIENE® anti-odor technology (BLUESIGN® certified) to restrict bacterial development within a minimalistic design to keep weight to a minimum.
- A quick access chest pocket allows stowing small items and the raglan sleeves enhance mobility and durability at high wear areas by reducing abrasion points. A minimal elastic binding construction at bottom hem, wrists and around the hood opening cinches naturally and securely, without restricting movement.
- The AlpineFit™ reduces bulk around the body and gives enough room for unrestricted movement. With a balaclava hood that moves with the head, increasing freedom and peripheral visibility, the Lightgrid Fleece is ideal to wear as a base or midlayer to complement a protective shell.