We are excited to announce that FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, talented individual to join the editorial team as Digital Edi
We are excited to announce that FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, talented individual to join the editorial team as Digital Editor—and we’re filling the position as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated and talented individual to join our tight-knit team as a Digital Editor. This individual will help manage the fast-paced website, e-newsletter, social media and custom digital platforms, ensuring content flow and top-notch ski editorial is posted daily. You will be responsible for developing and posting content to the brand’s website and social media channels; assisting with production of weekly e-newsletters; working alongside the editorial team to grow and strengthen FREESKIER’s voice across all platforms (online, social and print); and working with our sales and marketing team to develop custom projects for clients.
We’re seeking a smart, hungry, nerdy ski-enthusiast. If you’re obsessed with digital media and find yourself to be supremely in-tune with the world of skiing, we want to hear from you.
- Post content to FREESKIER.com: gear reviews and roundups, news stories, athlete profiles, destination pieces, videos, etc.
- Manage and post daily to all of FREESKIER’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Produce weekly e-newsletters and newsletter giveaways; work with sales & marketing team to execute custom newsletter content & promotions.
- Analyze website traffic, social statistics, e-newsletter data and other digital properties to optimize channels for engagement/traffic.
- Report digital analytics, website updates and digital developments to Editor-In-Chief and staff on a regular schedule
- Assist the editorial staff in other web- and print-related tasks
- Travel to cover industry events, ski tests, competitions, destinations, etc.
- Work with our sales team to develop/execute custom projects
- Must have a passion for skiing and deep knowledge of the sport
- Must be a strong skier
- Must be a strong writer, with a proven background or formal training in writing (clips required)
- Must have experience developing and editing high-quality written materials
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proven ability to develop creative, strategic digital solutions
- Must have experience conducting interviews—in-person and over-the-phone—for inclusion in content
- Must be in-tune with digital initiatives of both endemic and non-endemic media and brands
- Must have experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Must have basic understanding of HTML
- Must have experience with the professional use of digital & social media channels
- Must have experience with Photoshop or other graphics suite; ability to design & create basic graphics
- Must be supremely organized
- Must want to work with a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and versatile, with careful attention to detail as well as sensitivity to planning, deadlines and changing demands
- Must be willing to relocate to Boulder/Denver, Colorado
NICE TO HAVE:
- Journalism/English background
- Knowledge of current gear and trends
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience interviewing individuals for stories
- Photography/filming/editing experience
- Intermediate-to-advanced skiing ability
- Commensurate with experience; ranging from 2-4 years of experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Denver, CO office—with significant remote working opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your resume, cover letter, clips and answers to the following questions to [email protected]. Be sure to put the words “Edit Team” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email. This post has been live as of February 10, 2022. We encourage you to submit materials prior to February 28th, 2022, and we request that you submit no later than March 30, 2022.
QUESTIONS — to prove you’re not a robot:
- Name three athletes on Armada’s ski team.
- Name two ski areas included in the IKON Pass.
- Which skier is known for their “THE FIFTY” web series?
- Name the essential tools for safe backcountry travel and skiing.
FREESKIER was founded in 1997 by skiers who recognized that skiing was about to embark on a radical evolution and needed a new generation of media to tell that story. Today, FREESKIER is not only a leader in ski print media, but also in the digital realm. FREESKIER’s website and social media initiatives lead the industry in engagement, participation and content dissemination.