Adam Scepaniak 03.10.22 Sitka Gear is known for fabricating some of the most realistic and life-like camouflage patterns on the market today to c
Adam Scepaniak 03.10.22
Sitka Gear is known for fabricating some of the most realistic and life-like camouflage patterns on the market today to chase whatever game you might be after. This will now extend to longbeards as Sitka is at it again. The NEW Sitka Equinox Turkey Vest and Equinox Guard Turkey Collection will bring you a new tier of turkey hunting supremacy as its their first product line developed specifically for turkey hunting.
Sitka News Coverage on AllOutdoor
Each item from the Sitka Equinox Turkey Vest and Equinox Guard Turkey Collection were strategically designed to solve challenges turkey hunters experience in order to eliminate distractions and assist their efforts to limit movement and noise while remaining concealed.
The Equinox Turkey Vest features an ergonomic fit for maximum comfort and specialized pockets that keep calls and tools ready with limited movement. Many of us seasoned turkey hunters know that it can be a chore or a noisy endeavor attempting to lug all of our gear into the woods. This new vest should help simplify the transporting of gear as well as the active hunting process. The essential specs for the Sitka Equinox Turkey Vest can be read below as presented by Sitka:
- Water-resistant molded clamshell pocket with magnetic closure keeps two pot calls dry in divided sleeves and stores three diaphragm calls in easy-access slots
- A water-resistant box call storage pocket provides a snug fit to eliminate unwanted noise
- Right- and left-side pockets store four strikers
- The large, zippered back pocket is hydration bladder compatible
- A removable fowl slip noose designed to carry a bird
- Two blaze orange flags on the back can be deployed for safety
The Sitka Equinox Guard Collection was designed to minimize the health risk and distraction of insect bites by preventing contact with mosquitos, ticks and other bugs (it’s also offered in Elevated II for whitetail hunters). This should come as a tremendously welcomed blessing for turkey hunters. Typically, when winter turns over into spring all of the mosquitoes, bugs, and creepy-crawlies that can make us fidgety are in full swing. To keep those critters out of sight and out of mind will only make us more stealthy and successful in our hunts. The clothing that comprises this collection can be read below:
- Equinox Guard Hoody (MSRP – $149): In addition to the features highlighted above, it includes a built-in and breathable mesh facemask to provide added concealment and insect protection in addition to a long-tailed design that allows it to be tucked into pants for maximum chigger/tick protection. It also offers UPF50+ protection, Polygiene Odor Control Technology and moisture-wicking performance.
- Equinox Guard Pant (MSRP – $249): In addition to the features highlighted above, it features internal leg gaiters that are designed to be tucked into socks to prevent ticks and chiggers from crawling up legs. It also offers UPF50+ protection, Polygiene Odor Control Technology, a dedicated knives/blades/knives.html" 15179 target="_blank">knife pocket, hidden suspender attachment points and zippered vent pockets.
- Equinox Guard Glove (MSRP – $50): In addition to the features highlighted above it’s constructed with Nylon Cordura built into the fingertips and in-between fingers for added durability. The AX Suede palms ensure a confident grip and the long cuffs offer full protection from insects when worn with the Equinox Hoody. They also feature UPF50+ protection, Polygiene Odor Control Technology and moisture-wicking.
Our staff at AllOutdoor is absolutely looking forward to turkey hunting this spring, and the addition of some of this Sitka clothing and gear could be just the thing to ensure our most successful season yet! As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.